Almost everyone knows that PHP is called the most outstanding scripting language. It has evolved from small and static HTML pages, snippets, to the current language, with help of which, one of the most modern, dynamic sites are designed.
However, with the increasing complexity of modern websites, it became essential to structure and organize every development process itself. So PHP frameworks are the most natural solution to this problem.
Why use a framework
Before discussing the best frameworks for unique projects, let’s firstly clarify why there is a necessity to use those:
- reducing development time;
- allows writing well-structured and reusable code;
- hides from development necessary to take care of low-level site security;
- makes it possible to create easily extendable, scalable apps;
- stimulates following the design pattern MVC;
- promotes the use of modern programming methods.
Learn also about the advantages of django framework!
Best Frameworks for Successful projects
Want to find the best tool to realize any business ideas? Then, meet a list of the most recommended frameworks. And also, check the best programming language for data science
One of the most popular PHP frameworks is Slim. Actually, it was created to write simple and rapid applications, that could still boast a fantastic power. Basically, Slim acts as a dispatcher who receives the necessary HTTP request calls the callback function assigned to this request and returns the final HTTP response. Here are its key features:
- it is a perfect tool for the developers who want to present unique APIs;
- Slim is suitable for fast prototyping when the idea requires an early implementation;
- you can create full-featured applications with an UI.
It is quite a recognizable framework, thanks to Zephir high-level programming language presence. It is chosen for building applications in PHP even without knowing С language. These are benefits of Phalcon:
- a fantastic speed;
- uses a few server resources;
- provides all standard components, including ORM, MVC, etc;
- is applied as micro-and macro-framework;
- PHP7 support.
It is a powerful and easy-to-use PHP framework for the development of web applications. It provides a number of libraries and auxiliary functions that greatly accelerate the development process, as well as:
- compatibility with all modern software versions;
- working with Framework does not require using the command life;
- opportunity to apply usual functions of PHP, its methods of writing code;
- allows but not requires usage of template language;
- the frameworks use the MVC model.
Meet the open-source framework created in PHP, focused on development reliability, up-to-date and secure web service. Zend employs different professional PHP package,s that make a building of high-standard websites faster. Among other advantages are:
- inheritance of classes;
- object-oriented entity;
- has a ready-made solution for a variety of tasks;
- internationalization of applications;
- support of developers community;
- a high quality of documentation.
Laravel is a great PHP framework, as well as one of the leading backend technologies. Lots of companies are involved in Laravel-development, we can speak about the following framework, as a mandatory backend technology, thanks to:
- access to a database and possibility to transfer it;
- template engine;
- artisan tool.
This framework is absolutely free and can be easily used to create fast apps in PHP. Meet a detailed list of things, that you will be delighted with, while the development process:
- friendly community;
- good license;
- PHP4 and PHP5 full support;
- complete interaction with the database;
- auto-generated code;
- integrated verification of data;
- quick template system;
- dispatcher, which converts URL the way it is required;
- comfortable access to control lists;
- supports a multi-language solution for a web application.
Check also how to use AI in web development
It is created by a large community of developers and has the army of supporters. Its components are a collection of PHP libraries, which meets the most diverse needs of developers, whether it’s creation, routing, authorization, template development, or anything else. Here is an extended list of its advantages:
- available support for Codeception, allowing to write functional tests;
- a really big developers community;
- many ready modules;
- detailed documentation;
- excellent core speed;
- low connectivity of components.
Meet another popular framework that was presented with aim of building advanced web applications. Here are its main features:
- uses MVC;
- has an elegant code without trying to complicate a design;
- Yii is greatly expanded;
- one of the main goals is its performance.
Yii2 is known as a highly efficient object-oriented PHP framework. It is based on the component structure and implementation of well-known MVC paradigm. Also, it can boast numerous benefits:
- Visual Code Generator;
- has maximally intuitive MVC-architecture;
- uses standard ways of solving problems, which reduces or eliminates code confusion;
- facilitates code support using common architecture and methods;
- has an active community of experts who support this framework, generalize tasks, and adds new features;
- reduces the time that is spent on routine tasks, such as security;
- simple to configure for better performance;
- various caching options.
Fuel is known as a widely-spread framework. It should be noticed that the following framework was presented for PHP 5.3. It uses an MVC architecture for fulfilling logical code partitioning. Moreover, it contains the best ideas of available frameworks, perfecting them and finally adding extra innovations.
Choosing a proper framework can turn out to be a very significant point affecting the future of the project. That is why, it is extremely important to carefully read and learn more about each framework, in order to pick up a proper tool meeting all your requirements.