There are a lot of people who are dreaming to start the IT career but have no idea what, to begin with. Previously, we have been talking about languages which should hackers know for successful cracking. And the conclusion was that successful hacker should know a lot of languages. Programming is the way easier, and in order to do it, new joiner should know at least one programming language. In this article, we will review which one is better to start learning for beginners.
Python is treated as one of the easiest programming languages, that is why starting learning from it is always a good idea. This language was developed in the 80s and is open, free to use a source, even for commercial applications. It is applied as scripting, allows programmers to roll out quantities of easily readable and functional code in the shortest terms. Additional to that, Python is dynamic and object-oriented language, thanks to it that is the most widely used high-level programming language, with a list of advantages:
- extensive support libraries, that include the areas like string operations, Internet, web service tools, operating system interfaces, and protocols;
- integration peature that makes it easy to develop Web services by invoking COM or COBRA components;
- improved programmer’s productivity with support libraries and clean object-oriented designs that increase programming productivity;
- productivity, unit testing framework and enhanced control capabilities contribute towards the increased speed for most applications and productivity of applications.
Ruby is also quite simple to learn and easy in use programming language. Especially for people, with no experience in the IT sphere, they say it is easy to understand. Basically, features of Ruby are quite similar to the Python, it is also dynamic, an object-oriented scripting language that is used for development of websites and mobile apps. It was designed to be easy and practical, without the need of learning billion of commands. General benefits of Ruby can be classified:
- it supports meta-programming, a technique that allows developers to write code in Ruby that writes other code;
- Ruby is fast to write, it is 30 to 40 percent faster than with other programming languages;
- everything is an object, each object in Ruby can indeed be individual and can have its own methods and properties.
Everyone knows about Java, that is a really famous programming language, and game lovers have seen it while games have been loading. This is widely used among software engineers of different levels. As the main principle of the language is “Write once run anywhere”, which means that programs written with java are working on all platforms, devices and operating systems. Also, it has a set of core concepts that will make the learning of new languages easier. Benefits of Java:
- easy to learn, it was designed to be easy to use and is therefore easy to write, compile, debug, and learn than other programming languages;
- object-oriented, which allows you to create modular programs and reusable code;
- platform-independent, with an ability to move easily from one computer system to another.
- easy to learn, any person can learn it very easily and use it to develop dynamic and attractive websites;
- easy to debug and test, its code is interpreted line by line, the errors are indicated along with line number;
- event-based programming, a different code segment is executed when a certain event occurs;
- procedural capabilities, it provides condition checking, loops and branching facilities that can be executed on a web page.
The C language is called as a mother of programming, it was widely used in creation if Linux and Windows. Also, languages of the “C group” are used in exploit writing and reverse engineering, which extends its importance for programmers. The C++ is even more powerful than C, which is used in a big amount of powerful programs and games. C# was inspired d by C and C++, and it is mostly used for building applications on Windows. The list of benefits is impressive:
- middle-level language, it combines the features of both high level and low-level languages;
- it is a structured programming language which allows a complex program to be broken into simpler programs called functions;
- it is highly portable and is used for scripting system applications which form a major part of Windows, UNIX, and Linux operating system.
PHP is used in the creation of dynamic web pages, which includes submission and transferring of the information, contract forms and user logins. It is responsible for executing code on a server – like adding, deleting, and modifying data and then returning the results in the browser. It is popular for developers because the scripts are easy to implement and widely used for all kinds of websites, with lots of advantages:
- it is dynamic, works in a combination of HTML to display dynamic elements on the page;
- it can be used with a large number of relational database management systems;
- it is a fully object-oriented language and its platform independence and speed on Linux server helps to build large and complex web applications.
Blockly is a basic language which can be used by both old or young developer. The process of learning is based on putting blocks together and create a simple function. Together, blocks generate a code which could be later used in JS or Python. Basically, it was created for learning the basics of programming, and then to switch to another, more complicated one.
Nowadays, an IT world offers a wide variety of programming languages to choose from. And it is obvious, that it is a hard choice for new joiners of which language to learn. Hopefully, this article helps you to differentiate the features, pros, and cons of different languages.