Data is the foundation of modern companies, big and small, and being able to work with data is essential to a steady career as a software developer. The promise of learning programming in a “Data-Focused” way means that as long as customers and users are generating data, you can be gainfully employed helping them unleash that data’s potential for their businesses.
This is a 10-week course covering the full stack of technologies available to the modern programmer, with a specific focus on long-supported and much-loved open-source technologies like Python, C, and UNIX.
During the course, you will
- Get introduced to important computer science topics in a data-focused way
- Learn the basics of how to make Web APIs (back-ends) and websites (frontends)
- Get a deep understanding of the data that powers them
- Learn the basics of creating world-class data applications and Machine Learning models that use any type of data (numeric, text, image)
- Interest in Machine Learning and data
- Upper-Intermediate (B2) English spoken and written level
- Good math skills (statistics and/or probability)
- Experience with one programming language (will be a plus)