Music has become an essential part of our lives: we listen to it at our workplace, during long walks, or driving our car back home – nothing new, right? Things are getting a bit more complicated as soon as you take a look which devices people use to listen to it. The answer for the majority of users would be – mobile phones. They are brilliant single-hand-operation lifesavers for the most active of users – 16-25-year-olds. A single phone can play the downloaded music, find a radio station, or reproduce tracks from online storages.
- music streaming and track identification;
- sophisticated tools for writing your own music;
- serve as a platform for band/ singer promotion;
- wide selection of radio stations;
- karaoke function and simple song lyrics;
- music sharing within the app and to the external networks;
- share or publish playlists;
- follow or unfollow the favorite artists and friends;
- search for new music with tags;
- read the music-related content (music news, reflections. etc.);
- chats and forums for discussions;
- synchronized music from different Cloud storages;
- buffer music for off-line listening;
- quickly provides the search results.
Besides, it has been proven that the music recommendations, as well as the never-ending line of “tracks you may like” keep the users well-entertained. You can also make your application a commercial platform for the promotion of music bands and projects. The only two obligatory expected from your application are that the music is distributed legally and the application occupies a little operative memory of your mobile device.
Right after you have decided what functions your music app will combine, you should take care of the copyrights. You may extend the functionality of your application with the Premium subscriptions or by allowing the users to make in-app purchases. To make an access to the music storage legal, it’s necessary to address the BMI (Broadcast Music Inc.) or ASCAP (American Society of Composers, Authors, and Publishers). Take a look at these world-known music apps maybe you`ll like to take something from them?
- Pandora radio
- Tuneln radio
- iTunes Radio + iTunes Match
- Google Play Music
- Last FM
Mobile Applications Became More Popular Than Desktop
Because the users of the age group 17-25, unlike the 25-34, is not career-oriented and does spend more time watching the media content and sharing it. The chat and music applications are particularly popular among the teenagers and young adults. The popularity of the mobile apps is also influenced by the physical aspects of the users: as compared to the 35-44 age group, the teenagers and young adults have better sight and feel comfortable reading small-size-font texts.
The hottest trends of the music applications
We all know about Siri, Cortana, and Alexa – virtual personal assistants are becoming more and more popular among users. That is the reason, why one of the most wanted features for music application is the voice search. This requirement is quite obvious, as the usage of voice assistants is quite convenient in daily life. Everyone likes telling the smartphone whom to call/text or to set up alarms. That is why voice search should be also available in the music apps. It would be a really nice option to tell your phone which song you would like to listen to than scroll up and down searching for the right one. On the forums users say that noways, the perfect music app should have:
- Possibility to create your own playlist
- Store music in Cloud
- Sleep timer (very popular requirement among users)
- Bluetooth/Headset Control
- Music cutter/Ringtone maker
- Gestures control
Cloud Mobile Music App by Inoxoft
Inoxoft company created a music application with an innovative set of features. The CloudBeats is a convenient and time-saving solution that connects the Cloud accounts in one place. CloudBeats does a lot for the user’s convenience:
- it saves up a lot of free space on the phone for the photos and videos by downloading the music files from the cloud;
- allows the user to interact with tracks from Cloud as if they were on the device’s memory;
- enables sharing the playlists and playing queues with friends;
- works with the songs from the popular Clouds simultaneously;
- works without an internet connection;
- has a sleeping timer;
In order to create a music application which will satisfy the needs of the users and become popular, it should be convenient in usage and up-to-date with modern technologies. The perfect music app should be equipped with the voice search, available Cloud storage, sleeping timer and other features described in the article. Including it in the music app increases popularity and customer satisfaction.